By Michelle Young
You will spend more time with yourself than any other human being in the world. Think about it, from the very first breath to the death rattle in each of our futures, YOU will spend more time with YOU than is sometimes comfortable.
Yet on a daily basis, you give yourself a very hard time, talk the most trash and make yourself suffer in a way that would make even your most devoted friends run for the hills without a single look back.
Because of this inevitable fact, it makes good sense to make peace with yourself and be your own best friend. In the years I’ve been practicing Radical Self Friendship, these are a few of the thoughts that make the relationship with me, myself and I hum along beautifully.
Peruse for pleasure, adopt them as your own or make a Friendship Manifesto that suits you best, but for the love of all that is holy, BE KIND to yourself. You’re the only one of you there is!
Radical Self-Friending Manifesto
- You know that other voice in your head? She’s got to go. She pretends to be your frenemy, but she’s just a b*tch.
- You know how when you were a little kid you thought you could be anything you wanted? You were right.
- Sometimes food is neither good nor bad. It’s just food. Give it a rest.
- You are an athlete. Let yourself out and play.
- Do something that scares you every day, even if it’s just a little scary.
- You are brave, brilliant and beautiful.
- Gratitude is your real best friend.
- The faster you can figure out what’s bothering you, the faster you can feel better.
- Dream BIGGER!
10. You know those people that do not like you? Their loss. Move on.